The Center for the Study of Diversity (CSD) announced a new collaboration with the Delaware Center for Teacher Education (DCTE) to support research that promotes equity in teacher education. The purpose of this program is to promote research and scholarly activities by Faculty and Instructional Staff that will support education stakeholders' understandings of, or promotions of, equity in education. Stakeholders are defined as preservice teachers, pupils, families, school community members, teacher preparation faculty, and teacher preparation instructional staff.
The mission of the Center for the Study of Diversity (CSD) is to promote academic research and scholarship that facilitate dialogues about and understanding of the social and academic impact of diversity. The Center brings a broadly interdisciplinary focus to its activities, projects, programs, and publications on research and analysis, training, public scholarship, community projects, and information dissemination. The goals of these activities are to:
- generate and transmit scholarship about specific diversity-related issues both at UD and beyond;
- fund faculty and graduate student research and projects related to diversity;
- bring outstanding researchers and scholars of diversity to campus to share their expertise;
- communicate the results of the Center's research and scholarship;
- apply scholarship of Center faculty to community issues; and
- assist the Vice Provost for Diversity in identifying diversity objectives and information needs for the University of Delaware.
The Delaware Center for Teacher Education (DCTE) is housed within the College of Education and Human Development provides support services for students and faculty in 28 educator preparation programs at the University of Delaware. These undergraduate and graduate programs are located in six of the seven colleges across campus. DCTE is the home of the Education Resource Center, Office of Certification and Accreditation, Office of Clinical Studies, and Alternative Routes to Certification.
The CSD/DCTE Collaborative
CSD and DCTE have developed an exciting collaboration to help support the work of teacher preparation faculty, or instructional staff, interested in exploring a line of inquiry, climate-related issue, or curriculum innovation focused on promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion for education stakeholders.
This year's call has been completed and details on awards are listed below.