The Center for the Study of Diversity is pleased to announce the Symposium on Research-Based Interventions for Student Success. The goals of the symposium were to initiate a discussion with university-wide representatives (e.g. administrators, faculty, staff, students) on how university systems can develop practical strategies for improving success outcomes for diverse students, including underrepresented minority students, first-generation college students, and students from lower-income homes.
The symposium featured discussions around a large range of research strategies, presented by the following researchers:
- Dr. Stephanie Fryberg, University of Washington
- Dr. Valerie Purdie-Vaughns, Columbia University
- Dr. Rudy Mendoza-Denton, University of California, Berkeley
- Dr. Greg Walton, Stanford University
- Dr. Rebecca Covarrubias, University of Delaware
Scholarship that drives diversity practice